The Quran is your life. Honour it, learn it, teach it, love it, read it and memorize as much as you can of it. It will protect you in life, at death, in the grave, on the day of judgment, and will intercede to save you from the Fire and elevate you in Jannah.
The reward of the fluent is the peaks of Jannah amongst the noble scribes while those who persevere in learning it, although it is foreign and difficult, are given twice the reward!
Once when ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab (radiyAllahu’anhu) was circulating the Ka’bah, and ‘Ali (radiyAllahu’anhu) was with him, a man came to ‘Umar and said: “O Amir al-Mu’mineen, settle the score for me with ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib.”
He said: “What is the issue?’
He said: “He slapped me on the eye.”
'Umar stopped and waited until 'Ali caught up with him, then he said: “Did you slap this man on the eye, O Abul-Hasan?”
He said: “Yes, O Amir Al-Mu’mineen.”
He said: “Why?”
He said: “Because I saw him staring at Muslim women during tawaaf.”
'Umar said: “Well done, 0 Abul-Hasan!”
[The Biography Of ‘Ali Ibn Abee Taalib, His Life And Times, By ‘Alee Muhammad As-Sallaabee, P. 532]
Six Beliefs (Muslims must believe)::
- Allah - Believe God Almighty is One, Unique, Unlike His Creation, Perfect in every way; Not like or in His Creation
- Angels - Made from light, follow Allah’s orders perfectly, never make mistakes and are never disobedient (devil is not a fallen angel in Islam).
- Books - Torah (Old Testament), Suhoof (Scriptures of prophets), Zabur (Psalms), Enjil (Evangel or New Testament), Quran (Recitation to Muhammad)
- Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus, Muhammad, and others mentioned in Books, peace be upon them all.
- Resurrection - All people, believers and disbelievers will be resurrected for Judgment Day in real flesh and blood bodies to be judged.
- Divine Destiny - Allah has complete control of all that happens, both good and evil and He has full knowledge of it all.
On Judgment Day, a man will be brought and thrown into Hell. As a result of this, his intestines will come out of his belly, and he will run in circles, holding his intestines like a donkey running a mill. His companions in Hell will say to him…
O so and so, what is this? Did you not ask people to do good and avoid evil?
He will say, ‘That is true. However, I told others to do good but did not do it myself, and I forbade them from doing evil, but did it myself.’
— [Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]